WHY CHOOSE IXL?
IXL is committed to teaching students the skills, knowledge, and attitude required to be a proficient driver for life.
- We offer administrative support for all students and parents and a website for students to register and pay for lesson options.
- We provide pick-up and drop-off locations within Nelson City limits.
- We provide individual lessons and the ICBC approved Graduated Licensing Program (GLP course).
- We have calm and patient driving instructors with the ability to teach those with disabilities, anxiety and all levels of experience.
- An electric 2018 BMW i3 car for in-car training, producing no carbon emissions. Our BMW i3 is the first electric car in the driving industry in Canada.
Meet The Team
Owner and operator of IXL Driver Training Ltd. He has lived in the Kootenay's since 1991 and resides with his wife and two sons. Glen has been active in the community, including a variety of sports; skiing, sailing, and soccer.
Glen was first trained to drive with the Young Drivers of Canada program in Ontario and has been driving for over 30 years infraction free. He holds a Class 1 Driver's License and is a certified GLP instructor. Those skills combined with his personality and education has created lifelong safe driving habits.
He feels inspired to train both new and experienced drivers to be skilled, safe and defensive. His adaptable and analytical approach, along with his personality, supports effective instruction for all ages, personalities and levels of experience. Glen looks forward to helping people in the Kootenay's become highly skilled, and safe drivers.
GLEN FOY – Owner and Instructor
Jen has been with IXL since 2018 as the Administrator. She has been in the customer service industry for over 25 years, has a diploma in Management, and owns NEAT, a professional organizing business. Jen makes sure that behind the scenes is running smoothly so that the driving instructors can focus on providing undistracted quality lessons.
Jen supports parents and students and enjoys doing so with her excellent customer service and a good sense of humour. Her support is instrumental in the success of IXL and those who work with our company.
She works in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm.
JEN HEALE – Administrator
IXL's mission is to provide each student with the necessary knowledge and skills to become a proficient, confident, safe and responsible driver. To recognize that each student has different learning requirements and challenges and to meet the needs of each students learning style. We strive to create a safe and friendly learning environment, allowing mistakes to become learning opportunities. IXL'S goal is to develop, PROFICIENT, CONFIDENT, SAFE DRIVERS FOR LIFE.Read More